1. Noise Regulations: We (the Energy People Pty Ltd, trading as the ActewAGL Energy Shop) have sought to give you (the customer) advice on the appliance that best meets your needs. We have also sought a location for the product that is suitable to you, and which we seek to minimise the likelihood of noise levels generated by the product affecting your neighbours.
The noise levels of the product may, at some hours of the day not comply with the low noise levels for residential areas permitted under ACT and NSW legislation. We are not aware of a market product that complies with these noise levels all of the time.
Following installation of the product, you agree to accept any costs or expenses arising from the product not complying with the noise levels permitted under ACT and NSW legislation.
2. This document is a non-binding order on the company until accepted by the customer by signing the acceptance of quotation for the contract number set out overleaf.
3. This contract is conditional on the company having the goods available at the quoted price within 3 months of the order date and the customer accepting the quotation within 30 days of the quotation. Installation of the goods is conditional on:
4. When applying for finance, the contract is subject to approval of the customer’s finance application.
5. The company takes no responsibility for damage, loss of memory etc. of any electrical products (e.g. computers, stereo systems etc.) that may occur due to power disconnection due to installation.
6. The heating and cooling capacity of the unit is based upon the home having a minimum of R3.0 ceiling insulation and adequate curtains or blinds to all windows.
7. The goods and services provided under this contract do not, unless specifically stated in writing, include the following:
|Electrical Work||3 Months* on workmanship|
|Appliance Installation||12 Months* on workmanship|
|Gas, Electrical and Solar appliance repairs||3 Months* on domestic, 14 days* on commercial|
|* Relevant manufacturer’s warranty applies to all supplied parts and appliances|
|* From the date the relevant Works are completed|
8. The company shall not be liable or responsible for any work done by any licensed or other fitter that leads to loss, damage or injury due to improper or defective material or workmanship in any way whatsoever, except if due to the company’s negligence.
9. The contract is subject to those rights and remedies in respect of the goods and/or services which the customer has under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) and similar State and Territory laws which cannot be excluded at law; and such conditions and warranties as are expressly stated herein.
10. Where the contract is signed by more than one person they shall be bound jointly and severally.
11. The company may request that the customer pay to the company a non—refundable deposit of the GST inclusive price for the goods and; or services to be provided under this contract. If the company requests the payment of such a deposit, this contract is conditional on the payment by the customer of that deposit on the date of this contract or on or before such other date as is specified by the company. If the customer terminates this contract prior to the installation of the goods or otherwise fails to perform their obligations under this contract, any such deposit may be forfeited to the company and the customer has no right to the deposit. Upon completion of the contract the company must apply any such deposit in a satisfying part of the GST inclusive price for the goods and services to be provided under this contract.
12. Notwithstanding that delivery has been made of any goods, title to the goods shall not pass from the company to the customer until such a time as full payment is received of the purchase price of the goods and the purchase price of any other goods sold pursuant to the agreement.
13. It is the customers responsibility to inform us of the presence of any asbestos material in the home before commencement of work If any asbestos material is found it is the customers responsibility to arrange for the removal of the asbestos material. Work will not commence until the asbestos material has been disposed of.
14. It is the customers responsibility to obtain all necessary approvals, including planning, heritage and body corporate prior to the commencement of any works. The installation of photovoltaic grid systems, solar hot water, or any other product requiring approval will not commence until the appropriate body has given written consent to proceed.